Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 3rd 2013


Boston- Here I Come

Here is my last post before I enter in Mission Training Center today. I know that it looks a little long but I just wanted you all to know why I decided to serve a Mission.

"Everything Testifies of God"

Alma 30:44

44 But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.

Elder Uchtdorf said in a talk that he gave in conference:

Brothers and sisters, with the blessings of modern technology, we can express gratitude and joy about God’s great plan for His children in a way that can be heard not only around our workplace but around the world. Sometimes a single phrase of testimony can set events in motion that affect someone’s life for eternity.


Here is the Scripture I have on my Missionary plaque:

Alma 26:12
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

I know that Boston Massachusetts is where The Lord needs me to share his Gospel and the peace & Joy that comes with it. I will do my best to "Boast of my God" and all his Wonder and Majesty.

I want to share my testimony with all of you that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is True! I know this because I have read the Book of Mormon, I have taken it's teachings and acted upon the word and felt the Holy Ghost Testify to me that it is Good & True.

Alma 32:28
28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.

I want everyone to feel that delicious feeling of the Spirit testifying to them that God is their Loving Heavenly Father and that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.

Love you all,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment