Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 9th 2013

Day 7


Today I woke up and I could have been in a bad mood...BUT then I remembered someone told me, "Your day will go the direction of your mouth" :(   :)  so I did that :) and chose to be happy.  My day went really amazing and I think that that's why!  

I got your package today!  I wasn't expecting it at all! So that really made my day that much better.  :)

We had our TRC today and her name is Kwon Kyong Min.  When I saw her name I was pretty sure she was Korean. It turned out that when we were talking to her that her dad was Buddhist so I used the tactic that Jessie taught me about finding the similarities.  She isn't serious in the religion but is confused about how you can have faith in any church, if you want to. We tried to share with her about the Holy Ghost and the ways it communicates with us.  One nice thing was that she knew alot about some of the things we believe in like- prophets, eternal families, Joseph Smith, tithing, temples, and most interesting- all the kingdoms of glory.  So that made it easier to just talk. I shared Mom's story about going to a different church every week and that her family was able to find some good everywhere they went but something was always missing ... and about when Mom went to the Mormon church that thats when she felt the feeling she had been waiting for.  I feel like that story helped her understand a little better. Then we invited her to come to church and she said that she would!!! I think that story gave her the desire to feel that wonderful feeling we told her she would feel if she came. We are meeting with her before she goes to church so we can tell her more about the blessings of church and explain the sacrament a little, so she won't be confused. 

Thank you for your prayers.

Love, 
Sister Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment