Monday, February 3, 2014

Email 2/3/14





A picture of us with the Pinson's and there 2 friends that we just started teaching. :) We had a little too much fun ;)
Oh and Sister Pinson texted me one day and said that after she put one of these photos on Facebook that her Niece and Nephew know me! then she said they were Tamara and Daniel Steminger!!!! Small world! ^^ so fun. :)

To give you a little background on this first paragraph it was a response to Presidents letter about not saying bad things about your area or telling other Missionaries that they were being banished to an area that was really hard. Our President was very upset because he always prays very hard to know where the Lord wants them to be. He also talked about how saying those things are like poison.! It was very bold! ...I loved it! ;) 

-Thank you for your note it really meant a lot :) and oh man did I like your weekly letter! It is so true! 
For instance our area was doing ok when I got here and then we got to the point where we were desperate to find people to teach but after one hard day of canceled appointments we decided to try one last time and...yep! we went tracking! ;) That's when we found the cute little family. We are still struggling to see them but I just remember the overwhelming feeling of knowing that even when you get tired, discouraged and feeling beaten down, none of those efforts are, or will be forgotten. Now the area has really gotten so busy. I personally feel that every area is in a way busy. I just look at every house that we pass by with the warm lights on inside and feel that they are all just waiting quietly for the Gospel to be in their lives. Its as though their Spirits are sleeping and some are just more awake then others at different times. I have felt so blessed to see the difference in one area that I personally had heard about as being, like you said, "A good area" but we have had our struggles too. Only through hard work and trust in the Lord and the members do Miracles happen.

Story:
We had a pretty cool experience happen these past 2 weeks. We've been meeting with a less-active lady that has been coming back to church and doing so well but wait! that's not it! She has a little family of two girls ages 6 and 2 and a husband that is not a member. She told us that he was open and so we went and taught him.....we were at our 2nd appointment with them and asked if they had read the little reading guide that we given them and they looked at each other and said no..."Ok, will you make that a goal to try again to do that together?" They agreed and as we were in one part of the lesson the Husband says, "Well actually I just read the first few chapters of the Book of Mormon about two days ago."..........Wait, What!!!! and you said you weren't reading!?!?! We all laughed and then Sister Roy and I told him that that was awesome! Then asked him what he thought and felt as he read. He said, "I received and answer." us, "What was the Question?" Him, "...Truth" .....WOW!. Then he went on to say, "I felt this warm tingly feeling." Now let me explain why this was so shocking, ok, visualize a tall man of great stature and then think of him saying... "I felt this warm tingly feeling."... yeah it was pretty Amazing! We extended a Baptism date and tears filling both of their eyes he excepted. Sister Roy and I looked at each other and nodded. She went on to tell them that the experience we had that very morning after we had prayed and both received the same answer for the date. They looked at us in shock. The Spirit was so sweet in that moment and Sister Roy and I both agree that it was such an honor to be apart of that families road to true happiness and seeing them all being able to go to the Temple.  What a wonderful experience that I will never forget.

I am trying to learn and soak up everything I can from Sister Roy while I can because I know that I may not get to keep her much longer. :( I feel like I have grown a lot and that I am ready....maybe...;) haha!


Today is My and Sister Roy's 7 month Mark! Boy how time flies!
Transfers are next Thurs. so my P-Day is on Wed. We find out about transfers on Sat. Night!!! 

Love you not enough hours in the day ;P

Sister Patterson :)

Funny Thing I wanted to tell you! When we were talking to the Pinson's I mentioned that Casey was my brother and they were in awe.  They pulled up his picture on their smart phone and pointed "This Casey Patterson?" "Yep" I said, and then yesterday in the hall at church they stopped me and congratulated me on Casey's win in a game he recently won. I was so excited. They smiled and I thanked them for being my updater's on Casey haha! so fun!^^ 


No comments:

Post a Comment