Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Email 4/22/14



Happy Resurrection Day! (I like that much better) ;)

I got the package! Thank you so much!!!! and Sister Scott says Thank you as well!!! :)

I had the honor of giving a talk on Easter Sunday and I was asked to take one specific part of the Atonement. As I thought on this, I was constantly searching in my mind for what part I would like to talk on. This continued until I just couldn't take it anymore because truly everything is about the Atonement! None of this would be possible without it! I talked about gaining a solid testimony about the Atonement. I said if they were sick and tired of having people telling them what to believe in then they should take responsibility for your own Spirituality and find out for themselves if it is true instead of being stubborn and just believing in nothing!

Stop letting the world destract us from the whole point we are here! To progress!!!

I told them that if we were all to truly see each other the way the Lord sees us we would all bow in reverence!...

Take the time NOW! and even though it hurts to grow you will never regret putting in all your effort! So choose now to NOT be Offended. Be Patient- a lot of things I used to think were so irritating, in the big sceem of things, did not matter. Be Humble in your Strengths and Weaknesses before the Lord so that you can see your Brothers and Sisters as the Lord sees them! Do NOT deny yourself or others their Divine peotential and blessings.

I love this Gospel with every fiber of my being and there is nothing that will make me doubt!

One Brother came up to me after and told me what my talk sparked in his thoughts. He said, "Christ never did anything dross in his life and we are suppose to follow Christ's example right? Then why do we do so many things that don't even matter?" I loved his comment and it has been on my mind for a while now. I love new insights that I find that were right in front of me but then someone just says it in a new way. It makes me so grateful for the different ways the spirit enlightens people. :)

A lot has been hanging on my mind about people not accepting the Gospel and knowing that their Spirits wants it so bad but their carnal minds are set and their flesh is weak. I just hate seeing people say no when there eyes are clearly saying please.... it was very emotional to give that talk. I was so overwhelmed to tears that I could not speak for a good 30 sec. as my hands shook. I put my talk that I had written aside and let the spirit take over. I have never had such a edifying moment as that. I was talking to myself just as much as the congregation.

I just found this scripture that goes along with this in:

2 Nephi 33:

10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.

And this one:

2 Nephi 28:

21 And others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell.

22 And behold, others he flattereth away, and telleth them there is no hell; and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none—and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful chains, from whence there is no deliverance.

We went to see this Less Active lady this week and as we were teaching her there were these 2 Jehovah's Witnesess that came in...

and as you can imagine it was a little awkward...to say the least.  Sister Scott was being really nice then I just said, "Ok, so you know we are all a little tence and awkword right now and of course we are going to be because we are two different religions!" They looked a little taken a back but then I continued, "With all of that aside we both believe in God right? They stood there for a moment and blinked then said,... "Yes Definitely" then they said a few kind words to us all and left.

Oh, Man! what a week and that wasn't even all of it!

We got to go to the Temple Yesterday! That is why I wasn't able to write on Monday.

We got up at 4:30am!!!! It takes two hours to get to the Temple and we had to be there by 8am!!! We picked up the North Brookfield Sisters on the way and it was such a wonderful experience! I learned so much and didn't want to leave. The Temple felt like a purification after being around so many people that don't believe in anything to being surounded by so much belief that was bursting out of everyone. :) It was much needed and also I miss you all like crazy but I recieved a lot of comfort and I found a Scripture that was just what I needed in D&C 75.


AND!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY!!!!!!!! you are the coolest and my Companion thinks your super cool and makes me tell almost everyone I meet that I have a famous brother! haha! ^^
Love ya!!!!

Erin thank for the pictures! made my day haha! ^^

I miss and love you all!!!!! Thank you for all the letters and pictures :)

Love you a million miles to the Temple! :)

Love,

Sister Patterson

P.S. Presidents interviews are next Monday too, just so your aware.  Just in case my email is latter than normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment