Monday, November 10, 2014

Email 11/10/14

The weather has been cold but no snow yet! Sister Standerfer just wants it to snow so that there is a reason for it to be cold...haha! Yeah, I'm fine! I will say that the snow is pretty but the ice is what I hate!!! and when it snows it is a ton warmer because it acts like insolation but I remember those days when there was no snow and it felt like the cold was stabing me and I couldn't feel my limbs...yeah, Io don't care for it too much. I would like it if we could stay inside on those days but you know how Mission life is...haha! No, no, I will say we are very blessed to have a car and warm clothing because not everyone has that. We are fine and "We will survive!" ;)

We have a Month to remember here in the MBM! We had the Zone Conference with Elder Lawrence as I told you before and we are on the road to reaching the goal of 70 baptisms this month! But not only that, but we are going to exceed that if we all keep up working hard and staying faithful! We have been getting almost daily updates of Baptism dates that are being set for Nov.! We started at 95 Dates! Now we are at roughly 120!!! and we have already had 15 baptized! We have one of those Dates and that is for Adrien! We are feeling excited for this goal and are trying to do all we can so that he will be ready for Nov. 22nd

We had interviews this week and I was not as prepared as I would have liked to have been because President doesn't do the interviewing...we interview him! All he says is "How are you my friend?" ...*Cue the tears!  Oh, dear... it was even before that though!!! I walked in the room and he asked me to say the prayer...I felt the Spirit so strongly and as I started to say it, the water works started! I then sat in the chair and had a good talk. I was a little all over the place and I feel a little bad about that but I know that he cares and wants to help. I had been thinking about the sacrifice that I told you about last week and I knew that there was more that I needed to give! I asked him straight out, "President, from your perspective... What do I need?"

He then said with out hesitation, "Courage...and Faith...not Faith in Jesus Christ, you have that but Faith that the Lord can work through you to create Miracles." As he said the word Faith...I gasped through my tears realizing that he saw the same thing I did and as he said it I felt the relief that now I need to let go of my fear and allow the Lord to set me free. "President said in his Texas accent, "I feel like you are at the edge but won't jump! I want to kick you off so you can fly!!!" He was all excited which got me excited and I really want to End my Mission Sprinting to the END!!!! /BEGINNING! ;)

This is the Scripture that President gave me to read which didn't help the water works by the way! haha!

1 Nephi 17:49-51

49 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto them that they should murmur no more against their father; neither should they withhold their labor from me, for God had commanded me that I should build a ship.

50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.

51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?

So... after that experience you would probably guess that the topic of Faith to allow the Lord to use me to create Miracles would be weighing on my mind. We had a wonderful experience the other day when Sister Standerfer and I contacted this Lady that was smoking on the street and as soon as we introduced ourselves, she mentioned that she was Muslim.  I paused, (I have been working on not speaking so much and letting Sister Standerfer take the lead more often) then Sister Standerfer said how cool that was that she was Muslim and continued to asked further about what she believed. We were blown away at this Womans Spirit and how much of what she believed was what we believed. As I was listening I thought to myself "Boy, wouldn't she be an awesome Mormon!" We praised her for her wonderful beliefs and spiritual strength and insight then asked if we could talk to her again! She said of course and gave us her number!!! plus she is friends/neighbors with a less active in the ward! We don't know how long or what will come out of this interaction teaching wise but all I know is that first off how proud I am of Sister Standerfer for not getting discouraged from the first reaction people give and pushing through to get them to tell us why they believe what they do.  After we got in the car, Sister Standerfer got a whole new view of Contacting and wants to make sure we do it everyday now!!!! Second, I feel so honored that I could meet this Woman and feel of her power and strength and be able to try and apply it to myself. I love the way the Lord works!

I got to go to the Baptism of Susan Moore and it was incredible!!! First I was admittedly jealous that I didn't get to teach her more but I soon slapped myself for thinking that because Susan is the most amazing person and she needed to impact more people then me. I have the feeling that she is going to bring many people to the church and fellowship those who need to be loved.

 Sister Roy and I at Susan's Baptism!

I was thinking about it and when the Lord says in:

D&C 18:15-16

15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

(One soul being you personally as well)

16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

(BUT it is impossible after converting one soul to not convert more because as soon as you convert one then that person will touch others. It's the ripple affect! plus there are the people that are effected by your mere existence!)

So, that means no matter what... we will have a portion of happiness. :) I love how the Lord works. :)

It's a win, win!!

I Love you all and Am excited to Sprint to the end!!! and I only have 10 weeks to do it!!!! Pray for me that I WON'T HOLD ANYTHING BACK!!!!

I love you a million Baptism dates in the MBM!!!

Love,

Sister Patterson! :D




Me with Sweet Baby Ray...get it! haha! I couldn't resist! ;)
I am excited to meet her! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment